One of the most common questions I get asked is, “How do I maximize my chances at becoming a scholarship basketball athlete?”
1. Take care of your academics. No matter how gifted you are, if you’re no eligible or only marginally eligible then you’ve removed yourself by default from well over 50% of the opportunities available to get a college education and to play D-1. D-2, D-3, NAIA & even JuCo.
2. Are you just PLAYING your game or are you truly focusing and WORKING on your craft? If you’re reading this, you’re sitting in front of the computer. Get out of the house, grab your basketball and do 30 minutes of ballhandling in the driveway! (Regardless of how hot or cold it is outside)
3. Look for specific camps and training programs that can bring your game to the next level this coming summer.
The Texas D-1 Ambassadors have had an extraordinary track record with it’s players going on to the college level. Here is our recommended summer schedule which has served our players well in the past:
1. Five Star Basketball Camps (Waco, TX)
2. Point Guard College Basketball Camps (San Antonio, TX)
The general public can sign up for participation in the above camps, but if you want to compete at the highest level at the camp then you’ll need to send me an email at TexasBasketball@aol.com and depending on your resume’ we may be able to open that door for you with my personal recoimmendation.
3. Camp Extreme (Austin, TX)
http://www.speedkillzperiod.com/ is hands down the premier place for basketball specific performance training this summer. The camps are run by T.J. Garza who has close to 20 years experience training world class/pro athletes in addition to aspiring high school players. Camp Extreme is offered in 7 different sessions from June to August. The first and last sessions are already sold out. Don’t delay in reserving your spot and being on the outside in your development of agility, speed & explosiveness.
“I am very cautious about who I endorse. When it comes to people’s children, they are their most precious cargo. Coach Garza has been a friend & partner but most importantly his family has become a caring, concerned part of my family. He’s not just a trainer, he’s a mentor to the kids he’s involved with. There is no better bang for the buck than his Camp Extreme.”
Coach Max Ivany
Texas Prep Report
Speed Killz Period Training is unique in that they look into every facet of an athlete’s life such as REM sleep, Nutrition, and Proper Recovery to mention a few. Speed development and explosive movements are in high demand from all levels of competition Whether you are a professional athlete seeking to perfect your game, a determined competitor looking for that extra edge, or an active student intent on achieving peak performance in any competitive sport, we can help. The Speed Killz Period program is designed not only to develop an athlete’s physical potential, but to provide a fitness education that can empower an athlete for a lifetime Young athletes who participate in a regular, well-supervised strength training program generally experience fewer and less severe injuries on the field than athletes who train improperly or not at all. This goal is achieved primarily through our training programs which are designed to take each athlete to their own optimal level of performance
Camp Extreme -The only one of its kind in Texas.
This is a 4 day 3 night camp that will show your athlete how to get to the next level. Hard core strength and conditioning which covers Speed, Quickness, Jumping / Explosive Development and Agility Training.